Monday 4 January 2010

COIFFURE CULTURE HEARTS ALEX BOX BY RANKIN


Image Book Cover Alex Box/Rankin


In October Alex Box released an amazing book in which she collaborated with Rankin, and as I got my hands on a copy recently, I just had to take the opportunity to write about it. This book, for me, is such a huge inspiration and also a turning point in the makeup artists career. Not that I am suggesting that she was not successful before this, no no no.... But I do think that putting out such an amazing collection of work such as this really makes it obvious that she is a leader in her own right.

If you are not familiar with Alex, she studied Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art  and found herself focusing on performance and bodies. This led her into using makeup as her tool for artistic expression, and as you can see from the above image, her talent is very obvious. She is creative part of the thriving Illamasqua cosmetic range, and also one of the most sought out creative fashion makeup artists today.

If you love Makeup, Hair, Fashion, Beauty, Art and/or Photography, then this inspirational book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment