Wednesday 10 November 2010

Painted nails?

So yesterday out of boredom I had my nails painted black by my manicurist at work. Now, it's not something I have done in a few years, and I have also been tempted by it quite a few times recently. I was nervous and unsure. Almost as if I was changing my identity. And it got me a thinking. Can guys paint their nails without looking like a try hard? Many men have done it, and I had constantly painted nails for quite a while, but why is it that I was so worried about how it would make me look? It's only nail polish for gods sake. 

I think the day of the 'metrosexual' has passed, and now men are men. No more does David Beckham shock the world with his gender bending fashion choices, and so as a reaction so does the rest of the world. The essence of fashion has moved on, and a coat of black nail polish isn't enough to make a man look cool (I hate that word). 

So I'm saying that I took my nail polish off and now have them looking the way a fashion forward mans nails should look. That's groomed, healthy and gorgeous. 

That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment