Monday 14 June 2010

MARGIELA ME UP BABY!!!!!!

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA proper noun, plural, derived from the name of a Belgian stylist. 

I was treated to an explosion of creative genius yesterday at the Margiela 20years exhibition at Somerset House. I mean.... WOW. This stuff is powerful. 

This exhibition is a must see, as it is a chance to take a peek into the minds of the fashion house, and take a true understanding as to why they are motivated to create the fashion they do. 

I love the anonymity of the label, the use of white, the constructing, deconstructing, recovery, recycling, the anonymity of the models.... the list goes on and on. 

I know I have a favourite label now and vow to Margiela my life up. First step, purchase an oversized glitter snow globe from the gift shop, then find myself a pair of those sunnies! I want to be fashionably anonymous too!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment